Non-GPL Server and Client SMB implementation
In the past 20 years, Visuality Systems has been steadfast in continually developing the most advanced commercial SMB Server and SMB Client (also known as CIFS) solutions providing interoperability with the Microsoft environment.
NQ™ family products are the industry’s first choice - with over 100 Blue Chip clients worldwide, in industries as diverse as storage, consumer devices, aerospace & defense, medical, industrial automation, and smart devices, integrating the NQ™ stack into their products.
Both our SMB Storage and SMB Embedded solutions feature support up to the latest SMB 3.1.1
Why Visuality Systems
- 20 years of experience in developing and maintaining the SMB code.
- Working closely with Microsoft for full compatibility with the newest SMB dialects.
- Tested with the industry top quality assurance tools for compatibility, user experience, negative testing and load testing
- Full support around the clock
- Adaptive to any customer environment
Visuality Systems developed a Java based product. JCIFS is a Java SMB solution that support SMB1 with no further support in SMB2 or SMB3 protocols. JCIFS latest update was in 2014 and therefore the Visuality Systems SMB code written in Java is a good alternative for the open source JCIFS.